- Do you sell direct to the public?
- Selamat Designs does not sell direct to the public. Instead, we sell our products through reputable retail stores (Dealers), designers, showrooms and sales representatives throughout the United States and Canada. For a list of dealers in your area, click on “LOCATIONS” above.
- Where can I see all of your products?
- We work with each of our retail accounts to ensure the assortment they carry in their store works best for their clientele. All products can be seen on our website or our product binders. Please speak to your local dealer first to ensure the piece you would like to see is on their floor.
- How can I obtain a fabric swatch or a finish sample?
- The best way to obtain a fabric swatch is to ask your local dealer, designer, or sales representative to order the swatch on your behalf. That way, they can ensure the proper swatches are being requested and can follow up with you once it has arrived.
- Do you offer COM or custom pieces?
- We offer COM on nearly all of our pieces for an additional fee. Selamat Designs Studio will work on custom projects once certain parameters are met. For additional information please call our corporate headquarters or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Can you give me a price on??
- It is advised to contact your local dealer, designer, or sales representative for specific promotions and applicable pricing. However, if you have no local representative we have customer service representatives that would be happy to provide both trade or retail pricing.
- Do you work with Interior Designers?
- We work with Interior Designers, however we have project minimums that must be adhered to. Please contact our Selamat Designs Contract Division if you are an Interior Designer specifying for a project. If you are unable to open an account with our Contract Division, we recommend that you work with your nearest sales representative who can provide you with the personalized service you require.
- What are your minimums?
- The minimum for Accessories and (reorders) is $500, ($300) respectively.
- Furniture and Furniture and Accessories (Reorders) $750, ($500)
- Orders below minimum will incur a 20% upcharge
- Shipping rates are based on value of the orded
- Drop shipping available at a small additional upcharge
- What are your payment terms?
- First orders require prepayment or C.O.D. Net 30 with a credit application approval. We take Visa, Master Card, and American Express with payment being processed on the ship date Service fees and charges include: returned Check – $25.00 and Past Due Paid With Credit Card – 1.5%. We are a reporting member of the Manufacturer’s Credit Cooperative
- What is Rattan?
- Often confused with bamboo, a grass, rattan is a vine that forms symbiotic relationships with trees in the rainforest, growing on top of them for support. It is considered a sustainable resource as it grows quickly among existing trees and in forested areas that cannot support other products. When it is harvested, the supporting trees are not destroyed. Ecologically, rattan is very important as it grows in degraded forests and in marginal soil. It can also be introduced artificially in natural forests without disturbing the existing structure and balance.
- What is the difference between rattan and wicker?
- Wicker is processed from rattan once the outer skin is removed in “pasta” type machines.
- Can rattan be used outdoors?
- Europeans have traditionally always used rattan both indoors and outdoors, however rattan being a natural material will eventually break down. We recommend use of our rattan in indoor and covered porch settings to prevent eventual deterioration if that is something that is of concern.
- How do I care for my new Selamat Designs furniture and accessories?
- Wooden and rattan furniture and accessories :
Regular waxing is the most important element in the care of your furniture and accessories.
- Do not use silicon waxes, lemon oil, or other oily polishes. We recommend a quality carnuba paste or creme wax, such as Johnson’s Paste Wax.
- Application: Apply a thin film of wax to the surface, working a small area at one time. Always rub in the same direction as the grain, then buff with a soft, dry cloth.
- Between waxing, your Selamat Designs wood furniture requires simple dusting with a soft, moist, lint free cloth and drying immediately with another soft, dry cloth.
- When dusting, do not use any product with an oil-based polish, or products that contain silicon as they can damage the lacquers. ‘Endust’ is a good choice.
Outdoor Teak Furniture:
Selamat Designs teak, plantation grown Tectona Grandis, is one of the world’s most durable and solid grained woods. Teak reacts to the elements better than any other wood. Our teak is delivered unfinished so that you may allow it to season. The oiled wood will weather as it reacts to the elements. As it ages, it will change color until, eventually, it turns silver gray.
- Once your furniture has mellowed to the desired color, you may seal it with a teak oil to maintain its color. We recommend Deftoil Marine Teakwood Finish – Natural, or Daly’s Seafin Teak Oil, which can be purchased at most marine supply stores and some paint and hardware stores. Remember to follow the manufacturer’s directions and safety precautions when using this type of oil.
- During the teak’s outdoor months, frames should be periodically scrubbed down with a non-abrasive detergent using a bristle brush and plenty of water.